background

Friday, September 14, 2012

Welcome Y'all!

So I don't know about you, but I'm obsessed with making things.  Its like I can't breathe without being creative at least a little bit every day.  It certainly got harder to do things once I became a mama but my baby girl (often referred to as my baby goo, just some baby talk) FINALLY started sleeping through the night at about 9 1/2 months and its amazing what you have energy to do when you get to sleep 5-7 hours straight.  So I'm hoping to be able to share the things I do on this blog.  My projects are all over the house (Bless my husband for putting up with Mama and Baby's toys all over the house!) and usually get worked on in bits and pieces (nap time or midnight, and the occasional things I can do while my baby goo entertains herself close by).  So I'll try to be coordinated enough to post on a regular basis.

And is Pinterest great or what?! I LOVE it.  My husband often has to remind me that it will still be there tomorrow and that I should go to sleep.  There are such great ideas and projects and of course inspiration on Pinterest, look me up and follow me! Or click the following button, I tried to make it easy on you!
                                                      Follow Me on Pinterest
 I also have a website for my artwork.  I know how the economy is (I lost THREE jobs in 2010, believe me, I KNOW) and not a lot of people are ready to plop some big dolla' bills down on some original paintings.  Lucky for both of us, my website offers prints in different sizes and prices, so if you like something, surely you'll be able to find something you can afford! My degree is in painting, so I guess its my "original" love, but its also the hardest to do currently as a Mama.  I try to squeeze it in on the weekends or when the hubs is on baby patrol.  You can view my paintings at lindsey-hopkins.artistwebsites.com or click the slide show(just a taste) and it should take you there.
                                                 Art Prints

Ok well, I think thats a good intro for y'all and I'll try to get my first tutorial up before the Goo wakes up from her afternoon nap.


1 comment:

  1. Well I can tell you your Mama was impressed to see this site. You are so talented and I' m proud you are sharing with others.... Not easy from an only child! We will anxiously await your next artwork or project.

    ReplyDelete